As Chairman of the Fluvanna Republican Committee, and pursuant to the State Party Plan of Virginia, and as recommended and directed by the Committee, I, Darrell Byers, do hereby issue this Call for a Mass Meeting to be held at the Fluvanna County Historic Courthouse – 70 Main Street, Palmyra, VA 22963 or its alternate site as determined by the Chairman, beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13, 2018. Registration begins at 6:00 p.m. EST. This Mass Meeting is for the following purposes:
- Election of Delegates to the Republican Party of Virginia’s 5th Congressional District Convention
- Election of Committee Chairman
1. For the Virginia 5th Congressional District Convention: Electing up to forty eight (48) Delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the Republican Party of Virginia’s 5th Congressional District Convention. Each unit’s maximum number of delegate votes is a number five (5) times its respective Delegate allotment (Fluvanna’s Delegate allotment is 48). Here is the link for the delegate form: http://virginia.gop/event/5th-congressional-district-republican-party-convention/ or retrieve it from the Fluvanna Republican’s website by clicking here: 2018 5th District Convention Delegate File Form. The 2018 5th District Convention will be held at the Tree of Life Ministries located 2812 Greenview Drive, Lynchburg, Virginia 24502 or its alternate site, starting Saturday, April 28, 2018. Registration beginning at 9:00 AM for the purpose of:
- Election of District Committee Chairman
- Election of Candidate for 2018 Congressional Election
- Transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Convention
Note: The 5th District Convention may be cancelled if only one qualified candidate properly files for District Chairman, and/or Congressional Candidate, candidates may be deemed elected by the District Chairman.
2. For the local Fluvanna County Republican Committee:
- Electing Members of Fluvanna Republican Committee
- Electing a Unit Chairman
- Transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Mass Meeting.
Qualifications for Participation: All legal and qualified voters of Fluvanna County, under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, regardless of race, religion, national origin or sex, who are in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and who, if requested, express in open meeting either orally or in writing, as may be required, their intent to support all of its nominees for public office in the ensuing election, may participate as members of the Republican Party of Virginia in its mass meetings, party canvasses, conventions or primaries encompassing their respective election districts.
Registration to be a Delegate for the Virginia 5th Congressional District Convention: Pre-filing is required. To pre-file for the 5th District Congressional Committee Convention as a Convention Delegate, or Alternate, individuals must submit an official form either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Fluvanna Republican Committee PO Box 114, Palmyra VA 22963. The official form can be downloaded at http://www.fluvannarepublican.com by clicking here: 2018 5th District Convention Delegate File Form. All official forms and the requested filing fee of $20.00 (checks or money orders made payable to Fluvanna Republican Committee) must be mailed and received by 5:30 p.m. EST, Monday, the 12th of March, 2018, and post marks will not govern. After that time, no more pre-files will be allowed; If fewer than 48, candidates file to be delegates to the convention then all properly filed delegates will be deemed elected and no voting process for delegate will be required at the Mass Meeting.
Committee Chairman Candidates Must Pre-file with a letter declaring their candidacy: Candidates for Fluvanna Republican Unit Chairman must submit a dated and signed letter, by mail only, to the Fluvanna Republican Committee PO Box 114, Palmyra, VA 22963. A dated and signed letter declaring candidacy and a non-refundable filing fee of $50.00 (check or money order made payable to Fluvanna Republican Committee) must be mailed and received by 5:30 p.m. EST, Monday, the 5th of March, 2018, and post marks will not govern. Nominations for Unit Chairman will not be permitted from the floor of the Mass Meeting. If there is only one qualified pre-filed candidate for Chairman, then the candidate will be deemed elected and no voting process for Chairman will be required at the Mass Meeting.
Pre-filing Requirements for Resolutions: All proposed resolutions must be received in typed format, by mail only, to the Fluvanna Republican Committee PO Box 114, Palmyra, VA 22963. All proposed resolutions must be mailed and received by 5:30 p.m. EST, Monday, the 5th of March, 2018, and post marks will not govern. Proposed resolutions will be reviewed by the Resolutions Committee at the Mass Meeting for consideration and adoption. No resolutions will be permitted from the floor of the Mass Meeting. If no Mass Meeting is held, resolutions will be considered at the next regular meeting of the Committee.
Slating Forbidden: The election of Delegates at the Mass Meeting, held by the Fluvanna Republican Committee, shall be individuals. The election of Delegates by slate or grouping is expressly forbidden and shall not be permitted.
Registration Fee for the Fluvanna Republican Committee Mass Meeting: There will be no registration fees required to participate in the Mass Meeting.
Note: Should all delegates be deemed elected and only one individual files as Candidate for Chairman of the Fluvanna Republican Committee, the Candidate will be deemed elected and the Chairman may cancel the Mass Meeting.
Contact: Find us on Facebook at “Fluvanna Republicans” or contact Darrell Byers 434-996-7489 or email@example.com.