Mass Meeting of the Fluvanna Republican Committee
of the Republican Party of Virginia
As Chairman of the Fluvanna Republican Committee of the Republican Party of Virginia, and pursuant to the Plan of Organization and as recommended and directed by the Committee, I, Deborah Rittenhouse, do hereby issue this call for a Mass Meeting to be held at the Fluvanna County Library, 214 Commons Blvd., Palmyra, VA 22963, starting at 1:00 PM local time on March 15, 2014, for the following purposes:
1. Electing a Unit Chairman for the Fluvanna Republican Committee
2. Electing the members of the Fluvanna Republican Committee
3. Electing up to two hundred ten (210) Delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the Republican Party of Virginia State Convention to be held on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at the Roanoke Civic Center, 710 Williamson Road, Roanoke, Virginia 24016, or its alternate site, beginning at 10:00 a.m. local time for the following purposes:
a) Nominating a Republican candidate for the United States Senate
b) And for the transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Convention
4. Electing up to one hundred eighty five (185) Delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the Republican Party of Virginia Fifth Congressional Republican Convention, to be held on Saturday, May 17, 2014, at Hampden-Sydney College located at Hampden-Sydney, Virginia, or its alternate site, beginning at 11:00 a.m. local time for the purposes:
a) Electing a District Chairman of the Republican Party;
b) And for the transaction of such other business as may properly come before the convention.
5. And for the transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Mass Meeting.
For the State and District Conventions, each unit is entitled to one (1) Delegate Vote per 250 Republican votes cast or major portion thereof for the Republican candidate in the most recent elections for President and Governor, so that the Fluvanna Republican Committee is entitled to forty-two (42) Delegate Votes at the State Convention and thirty-seven (37) votes at the District Convention.
Qualifications for Participation:
All legal and qualified voters of Fluvanna County, under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, regardless of race, religion, national origin, or sex, who are in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and who, if requested, express in open meeting or either orally or in writing as may be required, their intent to support all of its nominees for public office in the ensuing election, may participate as members of the Republican Party of Virginia in its mass meetings, party canvasses, conventions or primaries encompassing their respective election districts.
Candidates for election as Delegates (and Alternates) to the May 17th District Convention and/or the June 7th State Convention, may notify the Committee of his or her intention by either pre-filing or by being present at the Mass Meeting and so stating his or her intention. Candidates who pre-file to be a Delegate do not need to be present at the Mass Meeting to be elected as a Delegate, but candidates who do not pre-file as Delegates must be present at the Mass Meeting to be elected as a Delegate. Pre-file forms must be received by mail or in person, to Claudia Thomas, 4031 Venable Road, Kents Store, Virginia 23084, which must be received not later than 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 12th. Postmarks will not govern.
Candidates for the Election of Unit Chairman must file a written statement, by mail or in person or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), to Deborah Rittenhouse, Chairman at 1296 Payne’s Landing Road, Scottsville, Virginia 24590, which must be received not later than 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8th. Postmarks will not govern.
There will be no registration fee to participate in this Mass Meeting. There is a voluntary registration fee of $35 to participate in the Republican State Convention and a voluntary registration fee of $25 to participate in the 5th District Convention.
Paid for and authorized by the Fluvanna Republican Committee